Thursday 9 August 2012

Blind

I don't want to settle for dreams and might have beens. I don't want to be amongst the would have seens and the it would seems.

I don't want to look back and regret opportunities that passed me by. I don't want to ever say if I had then maybe I...

I don't want to live a life without love- or without hate. I want to feel as much as I can and overflow on emotion like a gluttons plate.

I want to be the one who made mistakes, the one who wasn't afraid to take-  even knowing she'd have to give it back. I don't want to be the one who sat back and watched everything else move ahead, so scared of what might go wrong to even get prepared.

I want to live grand and leave with a bang, and never be too pressured to fold my hand- like a deck of cards.

I want to be able to say one day that it didn't come quite so easy, I worked hard.

I don't want to be the one stuck in a rut, static. I don't want to be one of the people who would have had it but spent all their time dreaming fantastic but living mediocre. I don't want to be of the people who follow trends and make amends to their personal selves to please their friends. I don't want to be of the people whose lives revolve around 'the period'

I don't want to be of the people, period

I want to be the period the people are of, I want a life that doesn't depend on the approval of skewed minds... I refuse to be shown the way in a town called blind.

1 comment: